Monday 11 April 2016

1960s Coast Line

Yesterday I took delivery of around 500 35 mm transparencies of mixed subjects, but all from the early to mid 1960s. They are taken partly in the West Country and there are also many quite pleasant shots of the Scottish Highlands. As expected there is a variety of mixed hues, Agfa, Kodak and Ilford plus some Top Rank and Ferranicolour. It is incredible how the characteristics of old colour stock are the same according to the type of film. The Ilford seems to have kept its colour but has faded overall, while the Agfa stock has a definite  Magenta cast which is proving troublesome to remove. This needs to be done before I can add them to the main archive. However as a measure of desperation I have turned the colour off on a small number thus making them Black and White, in addition I have added a soft focus effect to one or two purely as an experiment. I don't agree with image manipulation but as long as the image stays as it was taken I think a softening effect is OK on this occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment