Thursday 28 April 2016

FInished now

At last plastering finished new window designed and fitted painted and varnished ready to go. I did have some video footage of the latter part of construction but unfortunately the files were too large and couldn't be uploaded. The window was made by printing an actual image of stained glass onto very thin copy paper. This was then soaked in Mod Podge the wonder glue and sealer. I then sandwiched between two separate pieces of glazing and fitted it behind the window. I thought this was  most effective as the paper controls the light the detail is as good as my image and it has a very soft and delicate appearance. My earlier attempts were I admit poor and amateurish, the colours being painted on and far to garish. Still on to the  next one now, which will be some old canal side terraces included a back street Pub, the canal and a small stretch of narrow gauge railway line leading to a canal loading yard . This time I shall make sure the footage will upload so I can show you what is going on as it is happening. Thanks.







No comments:

Post a Comment