Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Roaring Twenties

My good friend and neighbour Jim O'Neil , who has given me immense support with my Heritage work over the years, has come up trumps yet again. Jim never fails to amaze me how he can , without warning, conjure up collections of archive images , whilst I, more often than not plunder the internet and  antique shops often to no avail. Here are two super images , of the Paddle Steamer La Marguerite and a motor bus outing to the Doone Valley and Lynton and Lynmouth.
My word, I fear for the lives of those intrepid day trippers circumnavigating the infamous Porlock Hill. The poor driver having to rely on mechanical brakes must have had his foot riveted to the pedal.

I am wondering if the Lady wearing the fruit bowl, sorry hat ! in the centre of the back row, is acting chaperone to the young couple enjoying footsies under the travel blanket.
" My dear Felicity, I don't wish to dither, but pledging my troth I must reconsider, your father is breathing down my neck and its doing my Head In !!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment